This tutorial walks you through the steps to calibrate Sonneta Voice Monitor. You will need a sound-level meter and another person to act as a test subject for this tutorial.
Calibrating the dB-Scale
- Set the sound-level meter to the dB 'C' scale with 'F' time-weighting.
- Hold the sound-level meter 30 cm in front of a test subject's mouth.
- In Sonneta Voice Monitor:
- On iPad, tap the Settings button at the top-left of the screen to bring up the Settings screen.
- On iPhone or iPod touch, tap the settings button in the toolbar on the main screen to bring up the Settings screen.
- Choose the Calibration item from the Settings screen.
- The progress bar on the Sound Level Calibration screen should reach completion.
To delete a calibration and try again, tap the Trash button.
Sonneta Voice Monitor will remember a distinct calibration for each input such as the internal microphone, a headset microphone, or an external USB device. When the current input has a valid calibration, the text "CAL" is displayed in green in the lower-right corner of the Sound Level display; and the date of the calibration is displayed on the Settings screen.