Prompts allow a speech therapist or voice coach to model proper technique by recording a sample for playback during practice sessions.
- To work with prompts on iPad, tap the Settings button at the top-left of the screen. Then, choose the Prompts item.
- To work with prompts on iPhone or iPod touch, tap the settings button in the toolbar on the main screen. Then, choose the Prompts item.
Recording a Prompt
- To record a new prompt, tap the microphone button to bring up the Record Prompt screen. Then, tap the record button in the toolbar and begin vocalizing the prompt.
- To temporarily pause recording, tap the pause button in the toolbar. Tap the pause button again to resume recording.
- When you have finished, tap the stop button in the toolbar. Enter a title for the prompt in the Title field.
Selecting a Prompt from your Music Library
- To select a track from your Music Library to use as a prompt, tap the button.
- Select a track from the list.
Playing a Prompt
- To play back the currently selected prompt, tap the prompt button in the toolbar on the main screen.
- While playing a prompt, you can tap the pause button in the toolbar to temporarily pause playback, or the stop button to stop playback.
- From the Settings screen, choose the Prompts item to view a list of prompts. The currently selected prompt has a check mark beside it.
- To choose a new prompt to be played, tap the prompt in the list.
- To delete a prompt, tap the Edit button, and then choose the sample you wish to delete. Tap the Done button when you are finished deleting prompts.
- To change the title of a prompt, you must use the Recordings list (see Managing Recordings).