Manage client files
If you keep a lot of recordings or change settings often, it may be convenient to keep them organized in files. For example, you can have one file for each client, or one for each voice exercise. A file contains all the recordings, prompts and commonly changed settings for that client or voice exercise. The following settings are saved in the file:
- Screen configuration (whether the pitch, sound level, or phonation timer are displayed).
- Maximum and minimum limits for pitch and sound level.
- Averaging setting.
- Phonation target duration, and whether to measure phonations or talking.
- Pause after trial setting.
Creating a new file
- On iPad, tap the Settings button at the top-left of the screen to bring up the Settings screen.
- On iPhone or iPod touch, tap the settings button in the toolbar on the main screen to bring up the Settings screen.
- Tap the top item (Files) on the Settings screen.
- Tap the + button at bottom-left of the Files screen.
- The new file will be highlighted blue. Tap the file name (ex. "My Recordings" or "Untitled") to change the name.
Selecting the active file
- On the Files screen, tap any file in the list to make it active (highlighted blue).
- When you record voice samples or prompts, they will go into the active file.
- When you select a file, the settings and current prompt for that file become active.
- On iPad, when there is more than one file, the name of the active file appears as a button in the top-right of the Voice Monitor screen. You can tap this button as a short-cut to the Files screen.
Caution: Deleting a file also deletes all recordings and prompts in that file. This cannot be undone.
- To delete a file, tap the Edit button on the Files screen, and then choose the file you wish to delete. Tap the Done button when you are finished deleting files.
- The active file cannot be deleted. If you wish to delete the currently active file, you must select or create another file first.